European Wholesale Countertops offers our customers a huge selection of the best Granite nature has to offer. European Wholesale offers only the finest quality natural stone available and the most competitively priced in San Diego. Many of these products are available for viewing at our facility. If we donít have what youíre looking for in stock we will find exactly what you want using a supply network that has been developed over 30 years of being in business. At European Wholesale Countertops we bring the most beautiful materials of the world to you.
Granite slabs are products of nature. As is the case with any natural stone material, there are variations in color and markings in each individual natural stone. This is what makes each granite countertop unique and exquisite. These variations should not be regarded as defects, but rather as the enhanced beauty of nature. They are characteristics of natural stone that give the material its uniqueness and dramatic beauty.
With polished granite any or all of the following natural characteristics may be present:
- Areas, especially in marble, that have been filled with a matching color epoxy that may compromise the integrity and strength of the materials.
- Variations in veining, color, and movement that may be present in any natural materials. Materials that are referred to as "swirl" granites exhibit more of these types of natural occurrences.
- Fissures: small visible lines on the surface of the polished or honed slab which rarely indicate or affect the structural integrity of the product.
- Beauty marks: natural mineral deposit concentrations that can be seen as intensified spots or lines of color, lack of color, or areas with compromised polishing ability.
- Pitting: "pock marks" of varying size on the surface of a slab which are a result of the tightness of the material grain and the material's ability to accept a polished finish.
Natural Stone materials are porous by nature and, while highly resistant to staining and scratching, can be subject to stains and scratches. All slab stone countertop surfaces are sealed prior to installation to aid in resistance to staining. Stone countertops are not maintenance free and do need to be maintained properly. Maintenance may require sealing the stone and using the recommended stone surface cleaner such as Granite Gold Stone Care Systems. Products like Granite Gold have been engineered to care for your natural stone and make their beauty last for a lifetime.